The CHUM (Cross Hole Ultrasonic Monitor) uses the Cross-hole Sonic Logging (CSL) method to perform high-resolution quality control of deep foundations.
The system uses an ultrasonic wave sent from a transmitter to a receiver pulled through water filled access tubes embedded in the concrete. The measured arrival time and energy are strongly dependent on the concrete quality
I know, send me a quotation
Additional methods supported by the CHUM are Single Hole Ultrasonic Testing and Tomography (2D tomography and 3D tomography).
The CHUM is fully compliant to ASTM D6760 - 14, AFNOR NF P 94-160-1 and additional standards
For more information and quotation
- Easy to use
- Usually, no training is needed, and the system can be self-taught in hours.(No expensive training days)
"Very, very easy to use..."
- Modular design
- CHUM connects to any PC via the standard USB port. It will connect to future computers (such as Origami) while embedded systems will quickly become outdated.
- See table below explaining why this is so important to you
- All systems pass pressure, vibration and temperature QA tests
- the CHUM case can tolerate drops and shocks
- 3 years warranty
- Rugged connectors, PU cables and details.
- 2D tomography (included).
- 3D tomography provided as a service
- Three alternative tomography methods: Fuzzy logic, Parametric and 3D
- In real-time tomography: the shape of the defects forms as the probes are pulled
"The CHUM operated perfectly in -17°c
- Devoted service
- Free software support and updates (included)
- Analysis, interpretation and reporting assistance (included). We will do/review your first reports to make sure they are up to the highest standards.
- High productivity
- One experienced person tests about 700m of sections per hour!
- Fully automated reports in MSWord format
- The whole system fits into a carry-on luggage. (50m cable drums)
"We just tested 4000m of CSL sections in one day!"
- Unlimited software licenses
- No plugs, no registration, no need to type in long product ID, no "software transfer fees".
- Install the fully functional software as many times as you need.